Sunday 9 February 2014

the forest of the night

These are some things that have been inspiring me lately:
The site freunde von freunden, a site which features creative people's homes and styles, along with amazing interviews about there lives and works. You can look at it here

From the site above I also came across the artist Lauren Spencer king and her blog which is filled with art and inspiration. She is an artist herself and her apartment is really amazing. On her blog she also does very interesting moon readings.

This month's new editor letter in Rookie magazine by Tavi was also very inspiring and touched on subjects which I have been feeling for a while, but for some reason didn't want to acknowledge. After reading it I feel motivated, but for the right reasons.

Finally this article I read in The Wild magazine was really interesting and explores what it is to be a young artist and what makes an artist in this day and age. It was interesting when thinking about technology and how in this generation everyone wants to be an artist and see's themselves as artists partly due to the influence that the internet has had to play. In some ways, it has made me reevaluate my ideas of being an artist and how I want to be portrayed within this label.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...