Thursday 28 August 2014

As above, So below


So the autumn days are now upon us-particularly in Britain; the wind has a sharp, cool breeze which makes me have to pull my scarf close. I have been suffering for the last few days with a really bad cough, subsequent of Reading festival. During the summer, I was sad and already becoming nostalgic of the summer months end and the imminent cold, but, now it is becoming cold, I am embracing it. Perhaps this is because every year with winter my fascination with witches and paganism resurfaces. I always associate winter with the time of witches, tarot and psychic readings. In recent days I have been wearing all black, with dark lipsticks and reading into my books on Paganism. I am fascinated by the beliefs of Paganism and their views on nature and it's paramount significance in the balance of all life. With the new found inspiration, I have been focusing on understanding more in depth my tarot cards and their significance in understanding my subconscious feelings and thoughts (this is so steam of conscious right now !)
There's something so aesthetically pleasing about being in a room filled with candles and tarot readings, with Kate Bush playing in the background under the full moon.
I think it's interesting how people (or maybe it's just me) are affected and inspired by the weather, which triggers a certain mood, feeling and aesthetic associated with the feeling of the either warmth or the cold.
Anyway, with this new found inspiration, it has therefore affected the direction of my online store, which I have decided I am going to be selling Palo Santo Sage Kit's; Crystals and Aromatherapy and maybe even vintage clothing. I love all these ideas which are flying around my head!
I expect this blog will take a more 'darker' vibe in the coming months, but I always feel inspired doing these posts, they seem to pull all the ideas I have in my head together into a coherent aesthetic which I can apply to my everyday life.













No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...