Wednesday 28 August 2013

Zara Von Benzon

 I am so grateful for the people I know. Zara Von Benzon is one of those people that you just can't not like. She is a dear friend of mine, and covers all creative mediums. I often wonder to myself how she does all the things she does, while keeping up with school work and not burning out from exhaustion...a mystery of the universe. 
Zara's photos are like something out of a dream, the story of a teenagers life with her friends, told through nostalgic photos which consist of rich colours and intimate moments; I can't help finding myself thinking how wonderful it is to be a teen when looking at her photos, despite the hormones and stuff! I hope you love her work as much as her personality, I cannot wait to see what this bright one does next !







Tell us about yourself?
I'm a sixteen year-old wanna-be photographer, philosopher, activist, artist, longboarder, musician and Alexander Supertramp. When I'm at home, I spend most of my time making and eating pancakes, reading, thinking, crying over bands, making lists, taking photographs and hanging out with my bezzies.

What creative things do you enjoy doing?
Everything! I love photography, fine art, doodling, attempting to be musical and making junk out of recycled scraps which I then subject my friends and family to as gifts.

Where do you get your inspiration?
Mainly people. As well as my two artist best friends and my sister (the most inspirational people I know) I'm currently obsessed by strangers - whilst travelling this summer, I met so many incredible people with such interesting stories! Other than that, the work of artists (in a broad sense, including writers and musicians) and, of course, life itself, especially travelling.

What is your preferred creative medium?
Film.
But I do love a good fine-liner. 

Ideally, what would you like to do as a career?
Ideally, I'd be a musician or a writer or an artist or a great philosopher or a poet - preferably all five! In reality, however, I have very little talent in any of those, and I'll probably end up in something quite different, like physics. Or maybe I won't have a career at all, and I'll spend my life on the road...

Where is your dream place to live?
Somewhere secluded and beautiful and wild, probably in America or Sweden - somewhere like that. Honestly, I feel most at home when I'm travelling, so I'm not sure I'd want to live in one place permenantly, however magical it might be.

Do you think age should limit a persons goals and achievements?
I don't think age has to - and I don't think it does - limit creative goals and achievements if the young person doesn't see their own age as relevant to their work, but it does change other people's perceptions of the artist. Whether it's focused on patronisingly or because people think it makes the artist more of an inspiration, most of the time age is seen as a big deal by others. I don't know whether I've really answered the question, but I guess I'm trying to say no. 

If you could change your name, what would you call yourself?
No idea! I don't particularly like or dislike my name, but I've never been called anything else (apart from nicknames like 'Boy' and 'Zed') and I've never really thought about it. If I had to choose a new name for myself, I'm sure I'd spend most of my life trying to think of one.

Do you like collaboration projects?
I've never done a collaboration, but it's definitely something I'd be interested in. I love the idea of sharing ideas and skills to make something even better than you could do on your own.

Could you give us a playlist of your 10 favorite songs?
I wouldn't be able to narrow my favourites down to just ten, so I'll give you a list of some songs I'm currently listening to.
Now, Now - Thread
First Aid Kit - Emmylou
Eddie Vedder - Society
Boy and Bear - Fall At Your Feet
The Growlers - Acid Rain
SoKo - We Might Be Dead By Tomorrow
Dry The River - History Book
The Cadbury Sisters - You Choose
Sixpence None The Richer - Kiss Me
Ben Howard - Old Pine

You really have to check out Zara's photos on her Flickr page http://www.flickr.com/photos/92481170@N07/
Her work is amazing !

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...